Placenta Encapsulation is the process of preparing the mother’s placenta after the birth of her baby by dehydrating, powdering, and placing it into capsules for the mother to ingest for her own personal beliefs, whether it be spiritual or cultural.
I am a Certified Independent Encapsulation Specialist through Full Circle. I have also received certification in OSHA Blood Bourne Pathogens for Doulas and Professionals in Placenta Encapsulation in accordance with the OSHA Blood Bourne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1090.1030 as well as California State Food Handler certification. I use the RAW method of encapsulation, which means the placenta is dehydrated and the capsules are filled 100% with the client’s placenta ONLY.
Benefits Of The Placenta
Your placenta is perfectly made for you, by you! It is an amazing organ created to nourish baby in the womb and then the mother postpartum. Consuming your placenta postpartum has abounding benefits for the mother. Some of the amazing things it may help with are:
- Lessening the risk of postpartum hemorrhage and reducing the duration of the lochia phase (bleeding and discharge occurring after childbirth that can last up to six weeks)
- Providing the hormones human placental lactation (HPL) and prolactin to help establish early and healthy milk supply and maintaining that healthy supply throughout the nursing relationship
- Replenishing iron lost from birth and preventing post-birth anemia. Low levels of iron can lead to depressive symptoms in a new mother
- Balancing hormone levels until the body is able to regulate on its own
- Providing natural pain relief from the labor and birth of the baby due to the Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor (POEF).
- Helping the uterus return to pre-pregnancy size
- Lending a constant flow of oxytocin – the bonding and euphoric hormone
- Replenishing B-Vitamins and energy that were used during labor and the birth process
- Preventing or lessening the risk of postpartum depression “baby blues”
- Protection from infection due to retained placenta or bacteria in the uterus.
My placenta encapsulation services include:
- One free consultation to talk about why you are choosing to consume your placenta and ask me any questions you have regarding the encapsulation process.
- Preparation of the placenta ideally takes place 1-2 days after you deliver. We want you to have the benefits of your placenta as soon as possible. Call me after the birth and we can arrange a time for me to come over. The encapsulation usually takes place in your home. It is a two day process and takes several hours each day. However, I have found that some couples prefer not to have me encapsulate in their home, for a variety of reasons. I completely understand and am happy to encapsulate in my home and then bring the finished capsules to you the next day.
- One postpartum visit that takes place about 2 weeks after the birth of your baby. We can address how you are feeling with the capsules and any postpartum concerns you may have
- Service Areas: I serve clients from East Los Angeles County, East Orange County, East San Gabriel Valley, and the Inland Empire. If you are looking to an Encapsulation Specialist outside my service area, I will be happy to help connect you with someone in your area.
- Additional Services such as tinctures, prints, and cord keepsakes are also available for purchase
My fee is $300, of which $50 (as a non-refundable deposit) is due upon signing the contract. The remaining $250 is due 1 week prior to your estimated due date.
For more information about the placenta or on research studies on consuming the placenta visit Full Circle Encapsulation at http://fullcircleplacenta.homestead.com/